Call Your Washington Bankruptcy Attorney Available 24/7 800-278-5813


Can I Keep my House if I file for Bankruptcy?

Posted by Ellen Brown | Jun 03, 2024

Facing financial challenges can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to major assets like your home. If you're considering filing for bankruptcy, one of the most pressing questions on your mind might be: "Can I keep my house?"

The answer is YES!!!.  Below is clear and concise information to help you make the best decisions for your financial future. Let's explore this common concern together.

Understanding Bankruptcy and Your Home

First and foremost, it's essential to understand that bankruptcy doesn't automatically mean losing your home.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, also known as the "Fresh Start Bankruptcy"  Wasington state offers  excellent exemptions that allow you to protect certain assets, including your primary residence.

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

If you're facing foreclosure or struggling to keep up with mortgage payments, Chapter 13 bankruptcy can provide an opportunity to save your home and regain financial stability. Together, we can craft a feasible repayment plan that meets your needs and protects your property.

Factors to Consider

During our consultations, we'll discuss your financial situation in detail and develop a customized strategy tailored to your goals and circumstances. Whether you're seeking debt relief or striving to protect your home from foreclosure, we are here to provide the guidance and support you need every step of the way.

Final Thoughts

Filing for bankruptcy can be a complex and emotionally challenging process, but you don't have to navigate it alone. When you book a free consultation with the Law Offices of Brown and Seelye you can make informed decisions that safeguard your assets and pave the way for a brighter financial future. Together, we'll explore your options and chart a path toward financial freedom. Your home is more than just a property—it's a sanctuary, and we're committed to helping you protect it.

About the Author


$750 Flat Fee

+ filing fee